Where shall we eat #2
The previous version of “Where shall we eat?” was the most wanted information on this site. Over time, some data became out-of-date and it was decided not only to update such requested information but also to expand the list. This time we publish a list of tasty locations where one can eat from 39 to 200 NOK (it is not expensive according to Norwegian standards). Following locations recommended based exclusively on our experience. Due to the fact, that cafe constantly changing menus, Oslo Photo Tour cannot guarantee accuracy of the information. If you have any ideas or suggestions please don’t hesitate to write us . Updated Feb.2015
1. Fiskeriet, Youngstorget 2B. Menu has plenty fish dishes. Prices for fish soup 110 NOK, fish and chips 99 NOK.
2. Hai Café, Calmeyers gate 6. Vietnamese cuisine from 50 up to 150 NOK
3. Beijing Palace, Pilestredet 27. Chinese cuisine from 50 крон, one should count ~150 NOK/pp for a good meal
4. Punjab Tandoori, Grønland 24. Indian Cuisine. Prices from 50 NOK, count on ~150 NOK/pp
5. Schrøder restaurant, Waldemar Thranes gate 8. Classical old fashion Norwegian restaurant. Fish + side dish from 119 NOK
6. Vеgа unfortunately closed, Akersgata 74. Reach vegetarian buffet only for 145 NOK, advised even for non vegetarian. you can dine on: Mon 15: 00-19: 00, Fridays from 12 to 16:00, Sundays 12 – 18. Take away is only for 100 NOK
7. Asian Express, Stortingsgata 8, Recommended for its quick service and food. Prices are mostly bellow 100 NOK for a meal
8. The Fragrance of the Heart, Fridtjof Nansens plass 2 (in front of city hall). Order soup for 75 NOK (large portion).
9. In case you are traveling by car, don’t forget about Ikea, Strømsveien 303 Осло or Nesbruveien 40, 1396 Asker. It is located a bit out of Oslo, but food and prices make it very attractive. For example, breakfast buffet 9:30-11 only for 59 NOK (49 NOK if one has Family Ikea card) .
10. and just in case if you are interested to shop budget. Visit best Vegetables and Fruit shop, Smalgangen 1, Oslo. Prices guarantied at leat 1/3 cheaper than in a large Norwegian chain supermarkets.